Alex and Ryan continue to discuss McLean’s ADV Part 2. It is the SEC-mandated document that an advisor provides to prospects and to existing clients at least once a year. The ADV Part 2 serves as your user manual for working with your advisor. We use McLean’s ADV to serve as a baseline for these episodes. In this episode, we discuss:
- An advisor’s code of ethics and how that translates into best practices for the business and client relationship.
- The role of the custodian and trading relationships with other institutional partners.
- How often and how do advisors review your investment accounts? What are they holding themselves accountable to?
- Referral fees. Do advisors receive fees for recommending other services or for referrals to other professionals? Conversely, do advisors pay fees for receiving referrals?
- The difference between investment discretion and non-discretion in the management of your assets.
- Assessing an advisor’s financial well-being.
Listen now to learn more!
To download McLean's ADV Part 2, click here: https://www.mcleanam.com/adv2a
You can reach our guest Ryan Walters by visiting: https://rialawyers.com/
Join the waitlist for our next round of the Retirement Income Challenge at risaprofile.com/podcast
If you are an individual consumer and would like to be directed to our sister firm McLean Asset Management you can get in touch at: https://www.mcleanam.com/start/
This episode is sponsored by McLean Asset Management. Visit https://www.mcleanam.com/roth/ to download McLean's free eBook, "Is a Roth Conversion Right For You?"